Weekly Gratitude Lists:
This is my list. And I use it as an exercise to “be” present. So, I hope you will try it, as well.
Sit in one place and simply be present. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Then, open your eyes and look around you. With your eyes as your guide, and being completely in the present moment, give thanks for ten things that you see.
As you can see, this past month, I slacked off a little bit on my gratitude list. I am jumping back on board, though! And I hope you do, too.
Week of July 11, 2016
- My adorable dog Gabriel, who is lying next to me right now on the floor;
- The light flooding in through three windows;
- The shoes on my feet that I got for $20 at Marshalls;
- The AC that just kicked on!
- The tasty potato chips with sea salt and vinegar that I just ate;
- Water that is not yet scarce in our neighborhood;
- The vitamins that I bought today;
- Netflix–in particular the show Grace and Frankie. I LOVE that show.
- The courageous women I read about today while doing research online.
- Epsom salt. What would I do without it?
Week of June 20, 2016
- The black and white photos and pictures on my wall;
- The flowers my husband gave me for my birthday;
- The comfortable couch on which I am sitting;
- The sunlight shining through the window;
- The Yerba Mate on my coffee table (which I am presently enjoying);
- The funny book by Mindy Kaling I get to read right now;
- The super awesome record coasters my friend, Les, gave me for Christmas a few years ago (she is the best gift giver EVER);
- The blanket on my couch (also from Lesley!);
- The dark wood flooring that makes my home cozy;
- The cool chairs in my living room that my parents gave me.
NOW IT IS YOUR TURN!